[S4 Physics PMCians]
What we did in 2 hours:
On the 11th and 12th Jul, the S4PH has come together to cover the following during our weekly lesson:
1) Recap on the concept 1 and 2 of the Thermal Physics I (Temperature and Thermal Properties of Matter)
2) The Final Lap I – MCQ Qn 1 to 14
3) Kahoot Quiz
1) Thermometric Property is a physical property of a substance that vary continuously with temperature. It is ONLY because of calibration using two fixed points, we THEN assume this relationship is linear.
2) The approach to solve temperature questions using either the graph method (for R and L) and E = k (HJ -CJ) for Thermocouple.
3) There are three different formula for thermal energy, namely: Q = m c (change in T), Q = m l, and Q = P x t
4) If you are given two different bodies interacting together through heat transfer, do make a point to list out all the possible Q before solving the questions.
What you take home:
We will start on Thermal Physics Lesson 2 where we will continue with Thermometry and Thermal Properties of Matter (i.e.: Heat Capacity and Latent Heat) through our usual thinking-aloud approach tackling the structured questions.