[S3 Physics PMCians]
What we did in 2 hours:
On 20th, 22nd and 23rd Aug, the S3 PH has come together to complete the following:
1) Secret Enclosed – Thermal Physics
2) The Final Lap – Thermal Physics
- Thermometric Property is a physical property of a substance that varies continuously with temperature. It was because of calculation purpose, we then assume it takes a linear relationship.
- There are three formulas of thermal energy to take care of (specific heat capacity, specific latent heat and power rating of a heater with time). Always do up the table to list down the change in state and temperature before equating these quantities to ‘Heat Gain by A = Heat Loss by B’.
- Conduction takes place best in metal (due to free electron diffusion mechanism) and poorest in gas (particles are further apart for molecular vibration and collision to take place). Convection is a heat process that occurs in fluid (liquid or gas) due to density differences. There are four factors affecting rate of radiation.
Attached are the worked solutions to MCQs and Structured Questions that we flagged out as homework during our lesson last week.
Kindly bear in mind that these links will expire on 30th September 2020. It should give you enough time to try those questions and check your workings against our suggested work solution.
What we received:
In this coming week (Aug 27, 29 and 30), we will start our revision with Kinetic Model of Matter (inclusive of Pressure) Lesson 1.
Do remember to always bring your Secret Enclosed AND the revision books for all lessons.
Do bring along your calculator for the lesson.
Should you need assistance in your daily practices in Physics, do send your attempted workings and questions to 9100 1235. We will strive to clarify your doubts.
From the S3PH Team
(Mr Shane, Dr Li and Mr Gary)