[S3 Physics PMCians]
What we did in 2 hours:
On 13th, 15th and 16th Aug, the S3 PH has come together to complete the following:
1) Secret Enclosed – Light Part II (Thin Lens)
2) The Final Lap – Light Waves 2
- When an object is placed at 2F, the image will be same size. As we move the object nearer to the lens, the image will go further from the lens and become magnified, while moving the object further away from the lens will lead to the image coming nearer to the lens and becoming more diminished.
- If the light rays from object are parallel before reaching the lens, this means the object is at infinity. The image will be formed on the focal plane of the lens.
- When the object comes before the 1st F, the image will be on the same size as object. It will also be virtual, upright and magnified. It will be good to remember how to draw the ray diagram for this setup as you already saw from our Final Lap that this is a very commonly asked question.
What we received:
In this coming week (Aug 20, 22 and 23), we will start our revision with Thermal Part I – Thermal Calculations, Temperature.
Do remember to always bring your Secret Enclosed AND the revision books for all lessons.
Do bring along your calculator for the lesson.
Should you need assistance in your daily practices in Physics, do send your attempted workings and questions to 9100 1235. We will strive to clarify your doubts.
From the S3PH Team
(Mr Shane, Dr Li and Mr Gary)