[S3 Physics PMCians]
What we did in 2 hours:
On the 23rd, 25th and 26th Jul, the S3PH has come together to cover the following during our weekly lesson:
1) Complete on a new topic – Transfer of Thermal Energy
2) Discuss on two 4Qs quizzes
1) For metal, the main mechanism is Free Electron Diffusion mechanism while for non-metal it will be due to Molecular Vibration and collision.
2) Trapped air and Non-metal are poor conductors of thermal energy.
3) For convection, the hot fluid will expand in volume and become lesser dense and rise, while surrounding cooler and denser fluid sink. This will set up convection current.
4) For radiation, EMITTER will be used when T(object) > T(surrounding) while ABSORBER will be used when T(object) < T(surrounding).
What we received:
We will start on Mechanical Wave and EM wave this coming week! From this week on, we will be revising for the EOY examination. Kindly ensure that you have collected the TWO new books to be used from this week on.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to send in your questions (and attempted workings) to 9100 1235. We will do our utmost to assist you in the questions. If you have any upcoming test or examination and would like to re-watch any of the past videos, do whats-app to 9100 1235 to inquire!!
Take care and Always with you,
The S3PH Tutors
(Mr Shane, Dr Li and Mr Gary)