[S3 Physics PMCians]
What we did in 2 hours:
On the 16th, 18th and 19th, the S3PH has come together to cover the following during our weekly lesson:
1) Thermal Physics Lesson 3 – Recap on Concept 1 and 2
2) Test B (do together)
3) Test C (graded assessment; refer to your PMC portal for more information on your test score!!)
1) There are THREE different formulas to calculate the thermal energy (Q): Q = m c (change in T), Q = m l, and Q = P x t
2) Always make a point to list down the different Q needed by the question (e.g.: ice from – 5 deg C to 5 deg C will require you to tabulate three different Q)
3) When two bodies are interacting through heat transfer, the understanding of’ ‘heat loss by substance A = heat gain by substance B’ is very useful.
What we received:
We will continue with the Thermal Physics Lesson 3 – Transfer of Thermal Energy.
This week begins a new normal in the Physics Cafe as you guys are given another option to attend our weekly lessons – the Onsite lessons. It is indeed heartening to see many of you sitting in our Physical Classroom and having very lively discussions with us. Should you have any questions, please feel free to send in your questions (and attempted workings) to 9100 1235. We will do our utmost to assist you in the questions. Should you have any upcoming test or exam, and you would want to re-watch our video to recap on the techniques to solve questions and keywords to write in explanations, please feel free to approach of PMC HQ for more information.
Take care and Always with you,
The S3PH Tutors
(Mr Shane, Dr Li and Mr Gary)