[S3 Physics PMCians]
What we did in 2 hours:
On the 2nd, 4th and 5th, the S3PH has come together to cover the following during our weekly zoom lessons:
1) Thermal Physics Lesson 1 – Temperature and Thermometer
2) Thermal Physics Quiz A – Temperature and Thermometer
3) Kahoot Quiz – Kinetic Particle Theory and Temperature
1) Thermometric Property – Physical property of a substance that varies continuously with Temperature (i.e.: one physical property value matches with one temperature value)
2) It is only because we are using the calibration setup to do our calculation, then we assumed the thermometric property varies linearly with temperature.
3) The approach we use to solve temperature questions related to Resistance and Length is (a) draw graph; and (b) find gradient
4) As for Thermocouple, we will use (a) E = k x change in T (where it is always the Hot Junction – Cold Junction) to determine the k; and (b) apply the same formula to solve the question.
What we received:
We will continue with the Thermal Physics Lesson 2 – Heat Capacity and Latent Heat.
Do remember your calculator as this part of the lesson is more mathematical but fun!
This week begins a new normal in the Physics Cafe as you guys are given another option to attend our weekly lessons – the Onsite lessons.
It is indeed heartening to see many of you sitting in our Physical Classroom and having very lively discussions with us.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to send in your questions (and attempted workings) to 9100 1235. We will do our utmost to assist you in the questions.
Take care and Always with you,
The S3PH Tutors
(Mr Shane, Dr Li and Mr Gary)