[S2 Maths + Science PMCians]
What we did in 2 hours:
This lesson, we continued and wrapped up our Science EOY revision on Chemistry, covering the following topics:
1) Physical Changes vs Chemical Changes
– Physical changes do not have new substances formed and are usually reversible.
– Chemical changes have new substances formed and are usually irreversible
2) Chemical Reactions
– Combinations: combustion, rusting, photosynthesis and neutralisation.
– Decomposition: thermal decomposition, photodecomposition, electrolysis.
3) Acids and Alkalis
– Physical properties of acids and alkalis
– Reactions of acids and alkalis and their products
– Tests to verify hydrogen, carbon dioxide and ammonia gases.
What you received:
Do take time to attempt the Take Away Questions on Chemical Reactions. The answers for the MCQs are provided in the workbook.
After three weeks of intense Science revision, we have now completed our Science EOY Revision (Yay!!!). Next lesson, we will begin our Math EOY Revision. Please take note that we will be using the Secrets Enclosed and the Maths EOYREV Workbook 5.
See you again! 🙂
Your friendly tutors,
The S2MA+SCI Team