[S4 Physics PMCians]
What we did in 2 hours:
On 22 and 23 Aug, the S4 PH has come together to complete the following:
1) Secret Enclosed – Light Part II (Thin Lens)
2) The Final Lap – Light Waves 2
- When an object is placed at 2F, the image will be same size. As we move the object nearer to the lens, the image will go further from the lens and become magnified, while moving the object further away from the lens will lead to the image coming nearer to the lens and becoming more diminished.
- If the light rays from object are parallel before reaching the lens, this means the object is at infinity. The image will be formed on the focal plane of the lens.
- When the object comes before the 1st F, the image will be on the same size as object. It will also be virtual, upright and magnified. It will be good to remember how to draw the ray diagram for this setup as you already saw from our Final Lap that this is a very commonly asked question.
The link given below is the worked solution to those questions that we have flagged as ‘homework’.
Please be informed that this link will expire on 30th September 2020.
What you take home:
In this coming week (Aug 29 and 30), we will continue our Revision Series – Static Electricity.
Do remember to always bring your Secret Enclosed AND the revision books for all lessons.