[S4 Physics PMCians]
What we did in 2 hours:
On the 25th and 26th Jul, the S4PH has come together to cover the following during our weekly lesson:
1) Complete Secret Enclosed Concept 3 – Transfer of Thermal Energy
2) Discuss on the Final Lap – Transfer of Thermal Energy MCQs Qn 1 to 17 and Structured Qns 1 to 3.
3) Kahoot Quiz (The PMC Way)
1) For metal, the main mechanism is Free Electron Diffusion mechanism while for non-metal it will be due to Molecular Vibration and collision.
2) Trapped air is a poor conductor of thermal energy.
3) For convection, the hot fluid will expand in volume and become lesser dense and rise, while surrounding cooler and denser fluid sink. This will set up convection current.
4) For radiation, EMITTER will be used when T(object) > T(surrounding) while ABSORBER will be used when T(object) < T(surrounding).
What you take home:
We will start on Mechanical Wave and EM wave this coming week!