[S1 Maths + Science PMCians]
What we did in 2 hours:
This lesson, we completed our Maths EOY Revision on Linear Graphs.
A few key points to take note for this topic:
1) y = mx + c, where m is the gradient of line and c is the y-intercept.
2) Gradient (steepness of line) = rise/run.
gradient of an upslope line = +ve number
gradient of a downslope line = -ve number
gradient of a horizontal line = 0
gradient of a vertical line is undefined.
3) y-intercept is where the line cuts the y-axis. Let x = 0 to find y-intercept.
4) x-intercept is where the line cuts the x-axis. Let y = 0 to find x-intercept.
5) If a point lies on a line, the x and y coordinate values of the point satisfy the equation of the line.
What you received:
Please take time to attempt the additional Linear Graphs questions available in the workbook. The solutions are available here: https://tinyurl.com/y6n54qmq
Lesson 40 was brought forward to 15th September. We had our revision on Geometry and Number Pattern.
We have finally wrapped up our Maths EOY Revision. Next lesson, we will have a Maths mock test – the Good Luck Paper on maths.
Till then, stay healthy and see you again soon! 🙂
Your friendly tutors,
The S1MA+SCI Team