[S1 Maths + Science PMCians]
What we did in 2 hours:
This lesson, we completed our Maths EOY Revision on a very important Maths topic – Algebra!
1) Expansion – remove brackets by distributing the terms, and combine like terms.
2) Combine Algebraic Fractions – find the common denominator and combine into one fraction.
3) Factorisation – create brackets by taking out common factors.
4) Solve Algebraic Equations – apply manipulation techniques to solve and find x.
5) Word Problems – form an algebraic equation using the information given and find the unknown.
** Remember to be extra careful when distributing negative terms.
What you received:
Do remember to attempt the questions in Put On Your Oven Gloves for Real Number and Algebra.The solutions are available here: https://tinyurl.com/y6n54qmq
Lesson 39 was brought forward to 8th September. We had our revision on Mensuration and did many word problems finding the volume and total surface area of prisms.
Next lesson, we will have our Maths EOY Revision on Linear Graphs.
Enjoy your school term break and stay safe! 🙂
Your friendly tutors,
The S1MA+SCI Team